Monday, June 28, 2010

Poll: Praise and Worship

Yesterday in Youth Ministry we discussed how we feel about Praise and Worship during church.
And well, we got several opinions, but I want to know how you feel about the subject. So here it goes....

Q. Do you feel awkward when everyone around you is praising God?

Q.
Some people think that your praise depends on the people who are around you. Do you feel judged by your piers for the way you praise, or is it just different from the way everyone else praises?

Q. A lot of people have said it depends on the music to determine how you respond and praise. Is it easier to praise while listening to more contemporary Gospel, or more traditional Gospel?

Q. Other people think that it's the environment around you. Are there several people jumping up and down, lifting their hands? Or is it just a balanced sway here and there?

Everyone's way of praising God is different, and it may pressure you sometimes. In some places, you may feel the praise is targeted to more adults than teens, and it scares you to even clap to the beat.
But you are free to run, free to dance, and free to live for Him.

In other places, maybe no one is radically praising God, and it would feel awkward to start doing your own thing.

Take a look in Psalms. It has several verses and chapters on praising God. Or maybe you can dance to your own praise CD at home.

I have posted a link to the video: "I Am Free" by the Newsboys. 
Listen to it and praise God: I Am Free, Newsboys

Post your answers to this poll on the comments page below and tell me what you think!


Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'


Jocee

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I just thought I would let you know that I love your blog! It is so encouraging and inspiring.
    Love In Christ,
    Chloe~Jane
    P.S Here is my blog:
    http://lovinglife777.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete