Sunday, February 20, 2011

a moment called "yay!"

Don't ask me why I called the post title that name, but it just seemed cool. And besides, my youth ministry just started up again today!!! YAY!!! So, I guess that's my "yay!" moment. Yeah, that's it. 


Today, we talked about alot of things. And we haven't been in youth so long that basically we had to stop the lesson and try to answer everyone's questions. It was hilarious. But, I think that if we all just looked in the Bible we could find the answer. I'm not sure if we did that. I'm going to do that now.


The main part of today's lesson was made up of one huge word. Okay, not that huge. It's not like a "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" word (and that word actually is spelled a certain way). It was a smaller word. But it's one that means alot.


Infrastructure. The underlying foundation or basic framework (as of a system or organization). (Via merriam-webster.com)


So, you know about prefixes and suffixes? *pauses, assumes you do, and goes on* well, infra is a prefix. It means "Beneath, or Below". Hold on, let me put that in cool font.


Infra: beneath, or below. 


So, basically it means "below the structure, or surface". Got it? Right, okay. 
We, as teenagers, or anyone for that matter, need an infrastructure for our life. In many aspects of it. We can't just go around and start something, we have to lay a foundation for it. 
For example, say you wanted to go to college. And I know alot of people do. You couldn't just waltz into the college and start. You'd have to lay a foundation for going to college. Step by step. Pre-school, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, high school, SAT's, ACT's, the dreaded TAC's test, applications, etc. You may think that school is boring and a waste of time. Yeah, it feels like that alot. But, you go to school so you can learn. If you bought a new laptop, and you didn't know how to set it up, how would you use it? You couldn't open it and start typing. Well, you could, but nothing would happen. Infrastructure. Laying a foundation. 


Then, in our youth we got onto the topic of God making an infrastructure. Staring here:


Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.


He didn't just create man and woman. If he did that without creating the earth, we'd probably float through...ya' know...something. That's not necessarily a good thing. God did what he did for a purpose.


What do you think?


-Jocee 
P.S. I have this AMAZING song stuck in my head. Okay, it's not stuck, but I love it.
 

1 comment:

  1. Now following your blog :) I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete