Tuesday, May 24, 2011

make a revelation - {day 1}

I'm starting new series here at this blog!! Yay!!!! Every few days (or whenever I update) I'll put up a quote that means something to me, and I'll explain why it's so important to me. Sound cool? I think so. Okay, here's day one:
This is something that I think millions of people misunderstand. Yeah, we have a body, but our body isn't the main priority. It's the heart, and it's the soul. We have a body to take care of, to replenish, but we have a mind, soul, and a spirit to take care of and replenish as well.
Your body will one day expire, and everyone thinks that's the end. Death. That's it. No more of you. But actually, it's interesting. You have a body, that will one day pass away, but your soul, your spirit lives forever. Alot of people don't think about what will happen after death. They just think about death itself, and then they waste their life away. It's really sad. They could've fulfilled the purpose that was set before them, but instead, they worried all their life.
If you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, and that he is the Son of God, you will go to Heaven, by faith alone. You don't need to prove yourself worthy, or worry about what's going to happen to you, because Jesus already did that for you.
This may be going a little off subject, but the point is, eventually your body will pass away. You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You just have a body.
-Jocee <3

3 comments:

  1. I think I needed this, today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic Lewis quote. Totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, I really love the quote and your ideas on it. :)

    ReplyDelete